Thank you for considering participation in FeedHV (powered by ChowMatch). Recipient organizations are the connectors who distribute the food donated by farmers, restaurants and businesses to families and individuals who are most in need. Here are some basics about accepting food donations via ChowMatch. Please review our Frequently Asked Questions and Food Safety pages for more information.
WHO CAN RECEIVE FOOD:
Nonprofits and other organizations with feeding programs and appropriate storage to receive and maintain the safety of food donations located in Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Putnam, Orange, Sullivan and Ulster counties. Recipient organizations are typically food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, affordable housing centers, senior centers and group homes. All food received through FeedHV should be used to help address food insecurity in our region. Food cannot be sold or resold.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
When you register your organization on ChowMatch, you will name a contact person and provide details about your organization’s mission, operating hours, food delivery area and types of food accepted. This information respects our volunteers’ time, supports efficient food deliveries and helps FeedHV attract consistent volunteers.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Create a profile for your organization on ChowMatch that accurately reflects your organization’s capacity for food storage and distribution, operating hours and other details. Food matches are made based on your profile data provided, so the accuracy of this information is vital.
- Designate a contact person within your organization who can respond to food matches and serve as a point person for coordination with food transport volunteers.
- You will receive notifications of matching food donations in your area. When a volunteer agrees to transport the donation, your contact person will receive a second notification confirming delivery details and contact information for the volunteer.
- Assign a staff member to receive the food donation on delivery day. When the volunteer arrives, confirm the contents of the delivery and then log into the app and electronically confirm the delivery.
- After receiving the food, provide feedback on the experience.